AMERIQUE:


A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: It is the unspoken statistic, but it is as real as anything to do with the lingering U.S. war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. According to the military, 1,800 American servicemen have killed themselves since the initial invasion of Baghdad. That is in addition to the more than 4,000 who died in battle. This week, families of the soldiers who committed suicide asked President Barack Obama to change the government policy of not forwarding letters of appreciation to mothers and fathers of these servicemen. By week's end, the White House had reversed the policy and agreed that such letters are needed, as well... - Eduardo Paz-Martinez, Editor of The Tribune

Thursday, August 19, 2010

PISSED TO SEE YOU: She Walked In From His Turbulent Past...

By PATRICK ALCATRAZ
Editor of The Tribune

McALLEN, Texas - Slide a drink along the bar toward a pretty gal and the future flashes before her like some fairy tale where, in the end, she gets everything she wants - me, my dog, my car, my mind, my body and my money. I love women, but still do not understand them. They have something in their biology men do not have, some magical chemical, some advanced gene. I'm convinced.

Isabel is an old girlfriend from my days in Dallas. She preceded Rebecca, but always loomed like that neat turtleneck sweater to be thrown over my shouders on a cold, winter day. Did I ever love my beautiful, exotic Isabel? I mean, truly, truly, truly love her? Yes, of course. I have this talent for loving my women. I like to think I keep the best of my love in reserve, but what I give them is more than they'll ever get from some other bastard. Isabel's lanky body mesmerized me. Her legs stretched forever, especially when they wrapped around my naked waist during, yeah, those moments. I dunno, I dunno. These women, they drive me nuts.

Isabel called me last night. She still lives in that lovely two-story townhouse near the city's Methodist university, on the East side of N. Central Expressway, just past Mockingbird Lane. Still has her goofy, little dog, Slinky. I re-named him Lazlo, although she stopped calling him Lazlo after I left. These women. They're nuts. All I know is that neighborhood mutts didn't fuck with Lazlo, but they kicked Slinky's ass daily.

In any case, what Isabel was asking was whether I had a steady gal in my life. I said, "Yes, and no." She said, "What does that mean?" And I said, "I have her, but I don't have her..."

"You're still fucked-up?" she asked.

"No," I shot back, picturing her teasing me by walking naked into our bedroom after she'd disrobed to take a shower, feigning loss of something or another - her new loofa, her expensive, polka-dotted shower cap. "I have her when she's with me, and I don't have her when she's not."

"I want to see you..." Thrown out there to hang, like longjohns in western Colorado after the last winterblast has left the mountain. "I've been thinking about you, about everything..."

I didn't want to ask. I didn't want to get back into it with her. I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to be on the planet for the next hour. She cleared her beautiful throat, the one that had always pleased me. I have this thing for watching women swallow me. It's part of my Scorpio personality, is what my shrink said when I was doing that freakin' therapy that ultimately went nowhere.

"My dearest Isabel," I began. "I cheated on you..."

She cut me off, saying something about all that being bullshit under the bridge. The imagery of that made me laugh; the imagery of me cheating on Isabel made me remember Rebecca's nice, round ass. The conversation swam, me with the current and Isabel swimming against it. I had some experience with these types of years-later telephone calls. Women. They'll pick up the phone at the drop of a boyfriend. So, we talked for another hour and then Isabel asked if any other woman "from the Valley" had sucked my cock, and I said, "They're not good at it down here," and she laughed, cooing she would please me, celestially, in their stead.

I loved Isabel mountains during our brief affair, which is what it turned out to be. I mean, freakin' to-the-moon mountains. It hurt me to drive over to her house. It hurt me until I'd see her and kiss her and hug her for long minutes, minutes like they have in Outer Space, not the 60-second variety on Earth. And then she would walk upstairs, do something in her bedroom and come back to the top of the stairs to stand in her white panties. Up there. Teasing the Hell outta me, as guys say in confessionals.

When the call ended, what she said there near the end was that she thought it a good idea to see each other again, and what I said was, "Well, we'll pretty much have to wait and see..."

Frankly, I can't see it happening. No, I've been called the "Ray Charles of Second Chances" for a damned good reason...

 - 30 -

[EDITOR'S NOTE:...Excerpt from the autobiography titled, "HAIL, MARY: THE TOTAL RUINATION OF A ONCE-GOOD CATHOLIC BOY"...]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Editor, I know your web is out of McAllen, I haven't seen any articles about Eddie Lucio,state Senator Lucio.

Anonymous said...

There are some Articles of Lucio but only promoting himself for the next election.

Which brings me to BISD and the City: Did GTC Atkingson's sister got the job at the Glass Palace?

Anonymous said...

How about a good article on House of Rep, Ortiz, he has been in office since I left the Army and things are just as screwed up, he is asking for 2 more years.
Changing the Topic, wasn't DP_M going to write an auto-biography on Eddie Lucio??
I think Harlingen, is on the way to recovery, Korry came on board with the rest of the commission and they hired a good city manager. We are hoping, things will improve.

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone whether in Chile or the USA?? Mark such gorgeous legs with tatoos. Girl get rid of the tatoos, with legs like those, a guy would have to be blind if a second look wasn't taken.

Patrick Alcatraz said...

ANONYMOUS:...DP-M could not write an "Autobiography" about anyone other than himself. You mean a "Biography," do you not? There was something in the Brownsville BlogoDump about such a book by DP-M months back, but we're told DP-M met this woman and there went that... - Editor

Anonymous said...

Anon, you are not implying Brownsville is doing the same things, people do in Harlingen??? "No that can't be!" The word around the city of Harlingen is that a secretary with some influence at one time had 3 family members working in different depts.
Another Corrupted city in South Texas, or as Channo Marakas say, el ejido del Valle.

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected, it was a "biography", need some food from Las Cazuelas or Maybe el Taquito. I know how it is, when women call, there goes the kitchen. Nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

Does that girl have a checkerboard tattoo on her butt or is she actually wearing something underneath that tube top that she has managed to stretch beyond it's tensile capability?

Anonymous said...

Checkerboard Anony, I think she has underwear with a checker board pattern and it looks to me like she is wearing hoses, I don't think they are real tatoos, with those legs and that tush, why would anyone want tatoos, as another anon wrote. "That body deserves a second look!"

Good by Mary Lou said...

Okay feeble minded men, time to quit trying to disect that poor girls body.
For Christ sake, "it is just a picture!"

Anonymous said...

Alcatraz that girl on the White coat looks like she is all stoned out. Or had a rough night, we don't like to guess so tell us, which one is it?? Come on, we know you have the answer.

Patrick Alcatraz said...

ANON:..The girl in the white coat is lovely, even when she's stoned or had a rough night. You'd have to know her... - Editor