AMERIQUE:


A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: It is the unspoken statistic, but it is as real as anything to do with the lingering U.S. war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. According to the military, 1,800 American servicemen have killed themselves since the initial invasion of Baghdad. That is in addition to the more than 4,000 who died in battle. This week, families of the soldiers who committed suicide asked President Barack Obama to change the government policy of not forwarding letters of appreciation to mothers and fathers of these servicemen. By week's end, the White House had reversed the policy and agreed that such letters are needed, as well... - Eduardo Paz-Martinez, Editor of The Tribune

Sunday, March 14, 2010

ILS SONT PARTI!: Miss Brownsville Herald-Tribune 2010 Contest Off & Running...


By RON MEXICO
Staff Writer

BROWNSVILLE, TX - You'd have to meet her in person to get the full explosion of her beauty. And to listen to her is to hear the music of Eden. When Miss Brownsville Herald-Tribune 2010 contestant Ana Nancy Grimaldo talks about emotional feelings, it sounds as though she is saying "fillings," the simple word left to float in the air, like one of those sexy come-ons you see in the movies.

"I take good care of myself," she says during a Sunday afternoon picnic with this reporter. "I once heard that it's not how you feel, but how you look...that makes the difference. I find that to be so true."

The 26-year-old beauty is a native of Brownsville, having attended schools here and even playing on the soccer team at Porter High School. Today, she is minding the growth of a 3-year-old son and continuing studies toward her bachelors degree in business administration. That's her serious side.

"Most weekends, I party a bit, although not much," she went on as a pair of egrets flew northeast. "Getting a reliable sitter is not easy in this town. But being out at the club is how I met (Herald-Tribune Editor) Patrick Alcatraz. He's the one who told me I should compete for this beauty crown."

Asked what she looked for in a man, Ana Nancy said, "Total and complete fidelity. I do not cheat while in a relationship. I want my Man to be a Man, not some bumbling, self-centered idiot, and there are many of those in this town."

Any man in her life at the moment? "Well, he did tell me not to say anything about that."

"Patrick Alcatraz?" we asked, kinda knowing.

"He's such a dear, dear man," she said, sexy laughter trailing the words. "I'll just leave it at that, okay?"

We could hear her mumble something she would not repeat, but it sounded like, "Wouldn't want Patrick to not call me again." The rules of the contest stipulate that Herald-Tribune employees are not to get involved with contestants, so we know - and can report with absolute certainty - that Alcatraz is not currently seeing this aspiring business entrepreneur. Asked where she saw herself in 10 years, Ana Nancy quickly said, "Running a successful business and bringing jobs to this poor, poor town."

For the moment, however, she is working on climbing this particular mountain...

- 30 -

7 comments:

Don Pancho Nopales said...

Alcatraz, you are a sleeze, so you had this beauty hidden, I can't express myself, that pose is just a killer. I still like Monica Torres, and Raquel's legs are killers. Opppsss, I am getting carried away. I have no words to express this awesome, but pleseant surprise.

Patrick Alcatraz said...

Well, we can only say that there still are more surprises down the road. But we must report that some of our readers are asking why we've only postured young women, so we're looking into the possibility of including a pretty middle-aged woman or two...- Editor

Anonymous said...

Well here in South Texas we are fair to any and all contestant . We love are women, and we are fair and balance, middle age women are just as pretty and sexy. Like wine, they only get better and enjoy life at a slower pace. Ouuuu, I can't wait to see all those middle age beautie, bring them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just out of curosity, is the lady in white bikini, one of those ladies you were talking about??? She looks good to me, anyone who doesn't appreciate that body, something is wrong.

Don Pancho said...

Okay, everyone, lets get back to current events, and the political enviroment, women have there time and place. That Raquel lady from harlingen, has a nice set of legs. ooooppsss, I am loosing my thought, what was I saying???

Patrick Alcatraz said...

The lady in the white bikini applied for a receptionist job here a few weeks back. She did not get the job, but wanted to let us know we'd be seeing more of her. It appears we now have... - Editor

Anonymous said...

Well we thank her, for allowing us to view a very well shapely body. Maybe she could be considered for the contest of the year, you and I know which one that is.